Day 4 of the Preemie Crochet Challenge 2021
Helen Wilkinson from Sunflower Cottage Crochet is hosting her Preemie Crochet Challenge again this year. Each day a new baby crochet pattern by an indie designer will be featured. For each pattern you download, we are asking for one item to be donated to a charity for preemies or hospital of your choice.
Last year was absolutely fantastic, and the support and pledges from other designers and crocheters within the crochet community was fabulous. We are hoping that 2021 will be no different! Our goal is to surpass the pledge count from last year (which was over 22,000 pledges!) and are aiming for over 30,000 this year!
You can read about why this challenge means so much to us at Sunflower Cottage Crochet HQ here
HOW DOES THE CHALLENGE WORK?
- Each day at 8am London time, the blog post will be updated with that day’s featured pattern.
- I will give you the code and links you need. If the designer has a blog, you will be directed there for more information about the pattern; if not you will be taken directly to Ravelry.
- You will decide if you would like that pattern.
- By accepting the free PDF download, you are pledging to donate at least one made item from that pattern to a Preemie charity/organization/NICU/family of your choosing.
- The patterns below will be categorized as the event progresses to make it easier for you to establish which patterns are still available, which are available free on the designers blog, and which are now only paid patterns. The first pattern will be the featured pattern for that day.
We have kept a round up of last year’s patterns that were donated to the challenge for your reference. Many of the patterns are still available free on the designers blog and a couple will always be free on Ravelry! You can check out that post here.
To see a slideshow of featured designs, click here: https://youtu.be/JMx0HEveojc
Today’s featured pattern – Preemie Bunny Beanie by Fosbas Designs
This bunny beanie is so cute!! To make it you will need a 4mm hook and approximately 50 yard of main color and 20 yards of contrasting color in #3 weight yarn (DK). The finished hat will be approximately 10″ by 6″. I just adore the use of the V stitch in this one. Visit this link to receive the coupon code: https://sunflowercottagecrochet.com/preemie-crochet-challenge-2021/?fbclid=IwAR0u5mSBquFR-KDa1cL0avZCIIVfPfz0DwRfOf3DPFneBByyHL9ox8Sy7Oc
Of course, after you make a few Bunny Beanies for your local NICU, you’ll always want to make a gift or two. Get this free Baby Gift Tag PDF to download.
More Gift Tags
More Crochet Designs for Baby
Today is National Coast Guard Day
Coastal Military Baby Sweater Pattern is 50% off TODAY only.
- Patreon has been updated with all new patterns for August. Subscribe at the $25 level to receive a free gift with your crochet kit.
- Have you tried Premier’s new Chameleon yarn yet? New pattern coming soon!
- August 7-12 – Garden Party Super Pack Amigurumi Bundle from Anvi’s Granny
- August 9-14 – Home Crochet Bundle from Nicki’s Homemade Crafts
Check out my LinkTree to follow My Fingers Fly on social media.
I got a shipment of discontinued yarn, but it’s going fast! https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyFingersFly?ref=seller-platform-mcnav§ion_id=18524618
Specialty yarns are 20% off while supplies last.
In Case You Missed It in July
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, I may earn a commission. Thanks for helping support my crochet blog.