Are you doing a white elephant gift exchange this year? Our family does it every year, and we have so much fun with it.
- Invite your guests and tell them to bring a wrapped white elephant gift. Be sure to set a dollar amount limit so that everyone’s gift is the same in value. Often these are gag gifts. (Our family doesn’t allow liquor bottles or gift cards; that’s too easy!)
- Each gift should be wrapped. No name tag is needed on the gift, because you don’t yet know who will get it.
- Have a designated place for the guests to place their white elephant gifts as they arrive.
- Once you know how many gifts/guests there are, write numbers (For example, 1-15 if there are 15 guests) on individual slips of paper. Place each number in a bowl.
- Each person draws a number from the bowl.
- The player with number 1 gets to choose the first gift. They unwrap the gift in front of everyone.
- The player with number 2 goes next. They can either choose the gift player #1 unwrapped or choose a wrapped gift.
- If they choose player #1’s gift, player #1 gets to choose a new gift.
- The unwrapping and stealing continue until every gift has been claimed.
- Designate the number of times a gift can be stolen, usually 2-3 times.
Although gift tags on the gifts are not required, I have a cute White Elephant Gift Tag for you to download if you want to make your white elephant wrapping extra special.
A couple of years ago, I made a Beer Mug Hat for the family white elephant gift exchange, and it turned out to be the gift that everyone wanted! Today only you can get the Beer Mug Hat Pattern for only $2.00 in the Ring in the New Year Facebook Hop.
Head over to Crochet Designer Community on Facebook to get your coupon code.
Hidden Treasures Blog Hop
- 12 Beautiful Holiday Themed Crochet Patterns
- + 12 HIDDEN TREASURES! (Special EXCLUSIVE Bonus’ from each Designer)
- Hunt for the Treasure Chest Inside the Bundle and find Hidden Treasures!
Today’s hidden treasure is this gorgeous Fair Isle Beanie from Stardust Gold Crochet.
You’ll definitely want to make some of these for Christmas gifts.
12 Days of Discounts
Each designer in this event will be offering discounts on their patterns for all of you!
Today is the last day to grab all 12 of these amazing discounts.
Today’s featured designer is Juniper & Oaks – this gorgeous Wall Hanging Bundle for only $9.00.
Click here for the coupon code: https://www.reginapdesigns.com/post/12-days-of-december-discounts
*All deals will begin on the designer’s featured day and run until at least December 12th. Please read all details pertaining to these discounts on their individual feature pages. If you have any issues, please contact the designer directly.
Remaining Paperback Books are 50% off through 12/15/2022
National Gingerbread House Day
ICYMI (In Case You Missed It)
Click on each photo on the PDF of the Treasure Map to find 8 more penguins.
Polar Bear Butt Ornament Crochet Pattern
Reindeer Butt Ornament Crochet Pattern
This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Thinking of opening an Etsy shop? Use this link to get 40 free listings. https://etsy.me/3F3kxwc
Money Saving Offers
Check out this free app that gets you cash back on gas and other errands! Click this link or use promo code 46ZCG to get an extra 15¢/gal bonus the first time you make a purchase. https://upside.app.link/46ZCG
Get $20 off your first Uber Eats order of $25 or more at http://Hungry? Get $20 off your first Uber Eats order of $25 or more. Terms apply. Use my code at checkout: eats-lisaf21461ue https://ubereats.com/feed?promoCode=eats-lisaf21461ue
Hey! Thought you’d like to try Ibotta, a cash back rewards app that I use to make real money every time I shop for groceries, online purchases, and more! Just use my referral code “eugysjd” at registration. Sign up at → https://ibotta.onelink.me/iUfE/8cc13c64?friend_code=eugysjd
Join Rakuten and get $30 cash back. Plus earn money on online purchases.